I've now been quilting for three and a half years. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Thursday, 14 August 2014

Tea Dyeing and Basting

I now have  'before' and 'after' photos of Part 4 of the Mystery quilt...taken before and after I tea dyed the cream triangles that I found too bright for the quilt top.  I just dabbed the tea on with a small sponge.  Magic!  SO much easier than unpicking the border and resewing with another fabric!

Before

After


I have now finished basting the spools quilt.  The basting took a good 6 hours!  I now need to decide how I'm going to quilt this monster.  I haven't a space big enough to photograph it!


2 comments:

  1. Your mystery quilt is looking fabulous. What a good idea to tea-dye those triangles that way! Success with quilting the spools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. I'm just a beginner, but hope to improve. Your needle turn looks absolutely perfect and your quilts are divine!

      Delete