I've now been quilting for three and a half years. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Progress

I have just finished piecing the Mariner's quilt top.  It will now have to wait until March to be quilted, as I will be preparing for Hugglets for the next month.

 It is a scrappy quilt, made from fabrics in my stash.  The border around the compass and the outer border are Dutch Heritage Gujarat.  The ships come from a purchased panel.  
 I used a number of different construction techniques.  The stars are EPP, the compasses are paper pieced, the shells and smaller compasses are needleturned onto backing fabric.
Although two of the borders are from the same piece of fabric, I'm not convinced the outer border works.  To me, it looks fine in the flesh', but not in the photos.  I will have to think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment