I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Have I Lost the Plot?

Last Friday I managed to put a machine needle through my finger while FMQing.  Not my finest hour!

I decided to take a rest from my machine until my finger recovers...but in the meantime, I have started a hand sewing project - La Passacaglia.  I am using materials from my stash.  I have a fair old stash of batiks which I am hoping will work for this project.  I have found a lovely, Facebook group for support.  I'm not sure I could have made a start with this without all the helpful information available there. 

I have managed to make the first rosette (90 pieces).  It has gone together well and I am going to enjoy the journey.  I am using Inklingo and hand piecing using running stitch.  I like the idea of having a project that will be portable and that I can pick up or put down as I wish.  I am planning to use a limited palette of colours with occasional shots of brighter colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment