I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Fun with Lumiere

I saw the Chimney Sparrows block some time ago and wanted to make a wall hanging using it.  The piecing is tricky. I felt I wanted a quick, trial project, so instead of piecing each block, I painted each block with Jacquard Lumiere fabric paint.  I then pieced the blocks together on point.  I sandwiched with 2 layers of Hobbs polester and white cotton backing.  The really fun part of the project was the quilting.  I love thinking about how to show off the blocks to their best advantage.  Any excuse to quilt feathers! :)  I probably should have used my rulers to quilt this, but decided to 'wing' it and just  FMQ by eye.

I still need to add a binding...

6 comments:

  1. Sue I just LOVE the colours you have used WOW they are my colours to a T and your quilting is so so beautiful to look at. You sure have a gift for quilting some thing I have not mastered and not even good at so I appreciate seeing the beauty others can create like you do. I could sit and look at that ALL day. Thanks for sharing I love it. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Glenda! I have to say that machine quilting is my favourite part of quilt making. I do like some white space to play with.x

      Delete
  2. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just came across your block via esther Aliu's blog. I see this design and have not come across it before. I searched under the name you gave Chimney Sparrow, but nothing comes up. Would you mind sharing where the pattern comes from please. As Glenda says, your fabric choices are great, and your eye for quilting without rulers is great!!! Do you quilt on a DM or longarm?

    ReplyDelete