I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Wednesday 2 January 2019

2019 and Review of 2018

Below I copied and pasted my 2018 Plans.  Where did the year go?

I think it would  be fair to say that 2018 was a quilting disaster.  We decided to put the house on the market.  We found a buyer the first day (last June), but are still waiting in a chain.  Here we are on the 2nd January, 2019, and we still don't know if the sale will go through or if the chain will collapse.  It is impossible to plan anything...and all the hassle can be overwhelming! ...Oh, and I am waiting for surgery on both feet!

Enough excuses.

2018 Plans

WIPs and UFOs carried forward
TQS 2017 BOM - HALF COMPLETED - sewing machine -Have finished the beauty block border this year.
Passacaglia quilt - NO PROGRESS - hand work - No progress
2015 Quiltmania Mystery Quilt - NO PROGRESS - hand work - Still no progress.
Hexi wallhanging - NO PROGRESS - hand work - No progress
Phoebe quilt - NO PROGRESS - mix No progress
Rambling Ways - TWO BLOCKS DONE - hand work No progress
Etoile rouge - 3 MONTHS DONE - sewing machine No progress
Quiltmania 2016 Mystery quilt - NOT  STARTED - mix No progress
Amish II Nancy Rink Quilt - NOT STARTED - sewing machine No progress
Diamond Hill by Esther Aliu - ONE BLOCK ONLY DONE - hand work No progress

Priorities for 2018 - first 3 months

Sewing machine
Finish large feathered star quilt - Finished
International Miniature Quilt Exchange Finished
 TQS 2017 BOM - HALF COMPLETED
Etoile rouge - 3 MONTHS DONE
Hand work
Hexi wallhanging - NO PROGRESS
Rambling Ways - TWO BLOCKS DONE
So - I was awful at progressing my Wips.

What did I start and finish in 2018?

 Feathered Star
 Playing with Jacquard Dye-na-Flow
 Inktense pencils
 Inktense pencils
 Tiny mosaic
  Playing with Jacquard Dye-na-Flow
 Bally Birds
 IMQE 1
 IMQE 2
 Mini swap - first attempt
 Mini swap - 2nd attempt
Drunkards path
Failed attempt at stack and cut.
Pythagorus' paper piecing nightmare
Playing with Jacquard Lumiere paints and swallow block
First attempt at mini swap
Second attempt at mini swap
Improv quilt

OK...so I did get some quilting done...but there is no coherence...just like my life...chaotic!

Plans for 2019


Is there any point in making any plans with life in limbo?  I shall just plod on doing what I can until my life sorts itself out!

I have started  a Skitch a Day project with GourmetQuilter.  I have done the first week's little skitches.


I also want to get properly to grips with EQ8.

Happy New Year! x

No comments:

Post a Comment