I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Saturday 25 May 2019

Maling Road

I have finished Maling Road 1 year and 5 days after starting it at a workshop with Di Ford Hall.  I mostly used her fabrics but changed some of the colours and used a few fabrics from my stash.

I really enjoyed the hand applique.  Because I used wash away applique paper and glue, I washed the top on a delicate cycle in my washing machine before sandwiching and quilting.  The laundering is very important, as the paper and glue make the appliques stiff.  Washing the top leaves them lovely and soft.

Maling Road is a very 'busy' quilt, so I kept the quilting simple - echoing and a small stipple  around the appliques.  Most of the rest of the quilt was quilted with my walking foot.




No comments:

Post a Comment