I've now been quilting for three and a half years. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!
Last week I couldn't find the third block for the Di Ford Wedding Sampler quilt that I had started. This morning, as I was looking for something else, it appeared (right in the middle of my sewing table)! I have NO idea how I could have missed seeing it, as I tidied the table a few days ago! The half-sewn block was still sitting in it's baggie labelled Block 3. Anyway, it is now finished. I made a mistake - the inner part of the star should be in a different fabric - note to self - READ the pattern properly! I still need to work on my needleturn points! There should be arcs between the arms of the star, but this would have covered most of the background fabric, so I gave them a miss. I did, however a little fussycut hexagon to the centre of the star. I couldn't resist.
First three blocks now made, so I am on schedule.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make any progress with my mystery quilt, as I'm still awaiting the fabric pack.