Last week was a good one for finishes. I made up my two hand quilted silk blocks into cushion covers. I added piping around the edges to give a nicer finish. I also finished free motion quilting my sister's quilt and my oriental quilt.
I have lots of scraps from a jelly roll and other projects, so thought I would make them up into 9 inch double hourglass blocks. These are much easier than I thought and like them a lot. I've decided that I want these blocks to be in citrus colours. I seem to have had a lot of green fabric left over, so more orange and yellow blocks are needed to break them up. I have some much brighter yellow, green and orange fabrics to add some extra interest and value to these when I get the time. I'm not sure what I'll do with these yet, but I just like the the look.
I have also just started making some spool blocks. I am using a Moda Honeysweet jelly roll for these with a plain cream background. I have started with making some of the delicate peach fabrics, but there are stronger shades of red and brown to come.