I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Wednesday 9 July 2014

For a Much Loved Sister

I finished a quilt for my sister this week.  She moved from the UK to Canada about 30 years ago.  She asked for a quilt in red, white and blue and preferably with a UK flag on it. The quilting used 1800 metres of thread.  I found the free Amy Smart pattern here:

http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/blog/2013/12/11/project-design-team-wednesdayunion-jack-crib-quilt/


I sewed some fabric photos of members of our family onto the back of the quilt. I hope she will like it.


The instructions for Part 4 of the Di Ford Mystery Quilt arrived this morning.  Just waiting for the fabric pack to arrive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Esther's WOWs. Your quilt is beautiful. I love the colours you've chosen for the Union Jacks - not just straight red, white and blue, but some softer colours too. I'm sure your sister will love it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete