I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Monday 13 August 2018

Miniature Swap Quilts

I have made a few miniature swap quilts for various swaps over the last few months, but not posted photos.  It is so much fun to play with designing small projects.

I made two for The Quilt Show International Miniature Quilt Exchange.  I made the blue one first and then decided the colours weren't right for my swap partner, so made the second one in pumpkin.



Again, I made two miniatures for the Spring UKQU Miniature Quilt swap.  I wasn't sure about the one with rings, so sent off the ombre one based on the Fibonacci series to my swap partner.

I turned the edges on all of the spirals and circles.  I can only assume my applique is improving as those spirals were a challenge!  I love working with ombre fabrics.  They seem to just add that bit extra to a quilt.


I love the idea of swaps and the design process.  The only issue is the constant worry my swap partner will be disappointed...hence I end up making two every time!

3 comments:

  1. Sue I adore your minis and fan of all your work. I've added you to the IMQE Facebook group so you can see some of the other minis. Ones that didn't make it anyway. Should see the others soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to choose one of these beauties My choice would be number 3 Sue, but all are quiet special. No one could be dissapointed in these beauties or any of your beautiful designs and quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete