I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Keepin' Busy

I thank God for patchwork and quilting.  It helps to distract me from all the awful news this pandemic is causing.  I started self-isolating two weeks before the lockdown as it was obvious to anyone how this was going, so I haven't been out in over 5 weeks (except to walk the dogs once a day). 

We are lucky to have a decent sized garden, so having outside space has been a blessing for us and the dogs.

I started and have caught up with the 'State Fair Sampler BOM'.  I'm now waiting for the May blocks.


I also started the 'Home Again' BOM.  I purchased the centre medallion pattern and the other sixteen small blocks are free.  I'm having a lot of fun with this.  I haven't done any applique for a while.  I have completed the hand applique around the medallion and have prepared the eight smaller blocks that have been published so far. 


The patterns are being published once a week, so I won't need to wait too long for the last eight patterns.

Once I have finished appliqueing the eight blocks |I have so far, I am going to start a lockdown quilt project.  This is being organised by the UK branch of the MQG.  We will be making our own version of 'Folksy', a pattern by Brigit Dermott.  I am planning a half size version and am thinking about the fabrics I want to use.

Keeping busy with sewing, gardening, the dogs, the house and Mike is keeping me sane.



No comments:

Post a Comment