I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Spools

Week 14 of my FMQ Challenge

I have been making very slow progress with my spools quilt.  I wanted to use big stitch and perle cotton on the spools.  I tried using big stitch around the spools and in the sashing, but didn't like it...so out came the perle cotton stitches and I've now started to free motion quilt those areas.  so no practice piece this week. I am slowly FM quilting the sashing and areas around the spools in my spools quilt. The biggest challenge here is managing the bulk of the queen size quilt in the small arm space of my Bernina 1008.



No comments:

Post a Comment