Lush and Verdant
Not much progress to report this week. I was inspired by the ferns in my front garden to draw some ferns unfurling and then to attempt to FMQ them. I used a fat quarter yard of Kaffe Fassett shot cotton and Isacord thread. I used a dark green thread for the ferns and regretted it. The thread looks black, rather than green against the shot cotton. I used Patsy Thompson's method for doing trapunto for the first time. It does make the ferns pop. I intended to leave the piece with just the thread - like a wholecloth, but to my eyes, it looked pretty dull, so I used my Inktense pencils lightly to add a little dimension. I think the piece would have looked better with some hand dyed backing...maybe next time. I get frustrated with myself at times, but I learn from each and every mistake. :) A fern in my front garden
Thanks for the close up Sue.
ReplyDelete