I've been quilting since 2013. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Toe in the Water!

Sometimes it's nice to do a small project and have some quick gratification - especially when you really have NO IDEA what you are doing!  Last week. I had a play with EQ7 for the first time.  I designed a cushion cover in two colourways.  This is the first proper patchwork design of my own.  I have made it up in reproduction fabrics - red, greens and cream.  The cushion cover finishes at 16 inches.  I decided to go for some feathers to complete the traditional look - so much fun! 


Please excuse the untidiness that is my sewing table!  I couldn't wait to take a photo!

Having never created a pattern in EQ7 before, I was suspicious about whether or not the rotary cutting instructions would be correct...oh, bliss, they were!  I will have more faith in future.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!. I was considering EQ7. I have their Quilt Wizard. It's good to know the cutting instructions were accurate.

    ReplyDelete