I've now been quilting for three and a half years. This blog is my personal quilting diary, that charts my progress (and occasional regression) from the start. I use it so I can look back at my past projects...and hopefully see my skills improve!

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

A Finish at Last and Playtime

I have finished the nursery wallhangings with prairie points all sewn on. I don't think I would add them to a bed quilt as they create quite a lot of bulk at the back of the work. Not a problem on a wallhanging, but I don't think I'd like it on a bed quilt.   Please excuse the poor photos.  They were taken early in the morning.  The light is quite harsh.



About 16 months ago, I bought a copy of EQ7.  It has sat unused on my computer ever since.  I have spent a few hours playing with the program over the past two days.  I haven't the patience to start learning to use the software from the beginning, so just jumped in with both feet and had a go at designing a 92 inch quilt and a 16 inch cushion cover.  I've had a lot of fun and the best part is playing around with different colourways.  It's like having a great big 'Pick and Mix'.  I expect I've created every quilting faux pas in the book...but ignorance is bliss!  I realise I am just scratching the surface with this program, and I have an enormous amount still to learn.  I want to teach myself how to draw applique blocks next! 

Medallion quilt in bright batik colours


Medallion quilt in traditional colours


Cushion design in bright batik colours


Cushion design in bright colours


I have started piecing the cushion design above in reproduction fabrics.  I can never have enough cushion covers!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun! Well done on your designs - and on finishing your wall hanging, which is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete