I didn't get around to posting last week, but I kept busy...despite gashing my middle finger with a rotary cutter. I won't be doing that again, any time soon. I ended up going to the hospital as it was still bleeding heavily 9 hours later. Alginate dressings are magic and it is lucky I don't use that finger very often.
Week 12 FMQ Challenge
On Thursday last week, I made a table topper at Kathy's Patch with the help of Jo. For some reason, I struggled to work out how to position my triangles. I bought a 60 degree triangle ruler a few weeks ago, so it was a bonus to be able to find a use for it! Even better, I bought a reel of variegated King Tut a couple of years ago, and the topper colours were perfect for it. I found quilting it on the shop Janome tricky as the foot bounces, whereas my Bernina foot doesn't. I also had a bandage on my finger, so my FMQ wasn't as good as usual...or at least, that's my excuse!
Week 13 FMQ Challenge
So far, I've stayed on track and managed to practice every week. I
bought this fabric a while ago, with a view to cutting it up and using
it for brodeie perse...but I couldn't bring myself to cut it up, so I
thought I'd quilt it instead. I outlined all the flowers, stems, leaves
and butterflies first. The background stitch is one I haven't
attempted before. I didn't want to distract from the flowers. Not sure
what I will do with it. It is 20 inches square.